1 SAM CALDWELL.: Hello again!

Sunday 14 April 2013

Hello again!


I got a nice email a couple of weeks ago asking where I've been and why I've not been posting on here as often as I used to.
Since starting at ECA three years ago I've kind of stopped using this blog and I'm not sure why. I suppose studying painting and making work on more of a full time basis has changed my approach a bit. I used to make a drawing in my bedroom then immediately scan it and stick it up on here whereas now I'm making a lot more work but it tends to just get stuck to a wall in my studio or filed away somewhere.
I have also been trying to use Tumblr instead recently. I decided that I liked the format and the accessibility of Tumblr more than Blogger but I've come to realise that the tumblr community is nowhere near as welcoming as it is on here. What do you guys think about this?

I owe a lot to this blog; when I first started out, getting comments and chatting to people through Blogger gave me a lot of confidence. I found out about tonnes of artists and illustrators exclusively through looking at blogs and leaving comments. The community I found on here is something I think I've been neglecting a bit over the past few years.

So I've decided to try to get back into the swing of it and to start posting on here regularly. However, if you are interested in seeing what I'm up to on a more day to day basis have a look at my instagram. I tend to take pictures of things I'm working on or just finished and I'm much more likely to post things on there as it doesn't require filling out a big scary text box which can be quite intimidating sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! nice to have you back, your posts have been missed :)